Please feel free to add me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/jamie.hughes.3990

Follow my Twitter feed @JamieHughes1990

and also on Instagram @JamieHughes1990

Sunday, 3 November 2013

Connection Rio Sponsored Jamie Hughes, Back on the UK Circuit

Well its been almost exactly a month since I returned home from my 3 month stay in Rio De Janeiro at Connection Rio , getting back to the UK was both a happy and sad moment for me personally, returning home to my comforts of home and getting to see all my friends and training partners at Celtic pride martial arts and Pedro Bessa BJJ was great but on the other side i was also sad to leave behind my friends , the sunshine  and the lifestyle of Rio.
Jamie_Champ
Jamie Hughes is from Wales, UK, and is a Brazilian jiu-jitsu purple belt under Pedro Bessa. Jamie lived and trained in Rio De Janeiro for 3 months as part of the Connection Rio sponsored athlete programme. You canread his blog “Espanthalo BJJ” here.
But since coming back I have not kicked back and day dreamed about sunny Rio, i have been hard at work work putting in the hours on the mat and hitting the UK competition scene, since returning I have competed in the IBJJF London international nogi and Welsh open nogi championships , gaining a silver medal in London and a gold medal in the welsh open. And I also have a busy finish to the year competing over Europe in preparation for the 2014 IBJJF European championships
Since being back I have had a lot of time to put into practice the many great things and ideas I learned in my time at Connection Rio , not just in training and competition but also in what I want to do with my life as a whole, which is pretty simple, to live the jiu jitsu lifestyle to its fullest,achieve my goals and help as many people as possible through jiu jitsu., and i know this will be made possible by the continued support of my coaches Greg Creel and Pedro Bessa, my great sponsors and team mates I have around me at Celtic Pride martial arts and all of the Pedro Bessa clubs around the UK.
Here is what my coach Greg Creel had to say about the impact my time in Rio
“Since retuning from Connection Rio Jamie has continued to train with the same intensity and focus has he did in Brazil.
Connection Rio gave Jamie a massive opportunity not many people get in our area , and since his return not only has his game improved but he has matured as a person too, under the guidance of me and Pedro Bessa hopefully Jamie can continue to improve along with the small but focused team we have here to reach some of the goals he has set him self for the end of 2013 and 2014
Celtic Pride Martial Arts Greg Creel wtih Jamie
Celtic Pride Martial Arts Greg Creel wtih Jamie
I personally would like to thank Connection Rio for giving Jamie the opportunity to go and live the Bjj lifestyle and for all the training he received under Dennis Asche and all of the team at Gordo jiu jitsu.”
I would also like to thank Connection Rio for giving me the experience of a life time and helping to reaffirm that jiu jitsu is what I want to do with my life.
I look forward to returning in the very near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment