Please feel free to add me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/jamie.hughes.3990

Follow my Twitter feed @JamieHughes1990

and also on Instagram @JamieHughes1990

Sunday, 28 July 2013

Rio international Open and Birthday celebrations

This week in brazil training was slightly more scaled back as a i prepared for the Rio international open, took a day off before competing on the Thursday to make sure i was completely fresh for the competition, then competition itself was amazing the atmosphere was like nothing ive ever experienced while competing in Europe, the crowd were electric and this was just the blue and purple belts.

I fought at heavyweight purple belt adult, and had some stiff competition in my division, i weighed in about 3.5kg underweight, and fought my first match against a guy from Nova Uniao, who is also the current south american jiu jitsu champion, in a really tight match of him trying to pass guard and me trying to sweep from the bottom, i unfortunately lost by 1 advantage after the scores finished 0-0, i was very disappointed not to make the podium and have a first round loss(my first for a while) but the experience of competing at this high level and at the tijuca tennis club with be a memory i will have forever.

Also celebrated my birthday here in Rio out on the town with all my friends here at the CR HQ house, we went out in barra watched some ufc fights and then had some great laughs out on the town. im now the ripe old age of 23 and truly starting to appreciate what a good life jiu jitsu is bringing me and how much more hardwork i need to put in to fulfil my goals and dreams.

    



No comments:

Post a Comment