Please feel free to add me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/jamie.hughes.3990

Follow my Twitter feed @JamieHughes1990

and also on Instagram @JamieHughes1990

Sunday, 16 June 2013

Bournemouth Open BJJ 2013

Competed yesterday at the Bournemouth open BJJ competition, one of my favourite comps on the UK scene, an impeccably run event by Alex de Souza and his team. A really high standard of competitor in attendance right from white to black belt.

i fought in the purple medium heavy division first winning my division final by loop choke after 2mins to take the gold.

then on to the open weight division, a really tough absolute of some of the uk's best, i faced off against fellow connection rio sponsored athlete and my good mate lee wright in the quarter finals, eventually winning on points 8-2 in a really good match.

Then in the semi finals i competed against Jack Cronin of RGA mill hill in the semi finals, it was a really close match, 2-2 on points and 2-1 to jack on advantages, almost won it at the very end with a last ditch takedown but was a decision that could have gone either way, really enjoyable match against a great competitor.

So Gold in my weight and Bronze in the absolute division, a good warm up for my last comp before brazil, looking for Double gold and the cash prize in Cork.Ireland this coming weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment